You are viewing the old version of this website. The new version of this website can be found at http://new.george-smart.co.uk.
This site has lived here since 2009, but is no longer updated. All content has been migrated.
From George Smart's Wiki
For information on the UCL's Roamnet service, visit my Roamnet page.
This approach is much simpler than the Roamnet approach. To start, you you need to click on the network manager, and select the "eduroam" wireless network. This will initiate the setup. Fill in the box with the information provided below:
- Wireless Security: WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
- Authentication: Tunnelled TLS
- Anonymous: email@example.com
- CA Certificate: For this step, open the finder, and browse to /etc/ssl/certs/
- You need to select AddTrust_External_Root.pem (formerly GTE_CyberTrust_Global_Root.pem)
- It's full path is: /etc/ssl/certs/AddTrust_External_Root.pem (formerly /etc/ssl/certs/GTE_CyberTrust_Global_Root.pem)
- Inner Identification: MSCHAPv2
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: your_password
Your dialog box will look similar (though not identical) to this: